Monday, 13 June 2011

LA & AM - A brain clamp of sorts.

-- adaptionMaster [AM] began pestering loanedAllegiance [LA] at 20:26 --

AM: hEy, AAscAm

LA: Ka£pa¢, how ar€ ¥ou?

AM: prEtty gOOd, I gUEss.

AM: HOw gOEs thE bUsInEss?

LA: What bui$n€$$? ¥ou m€an th€ two ¢u$tom€r$ I g€t $om€tim€$?

AM: wEll yEAh

LA: Not w€££ i$ what I'm g€tting at.

AM: hmm

LA: $o, hav€ ¥ou ju$t ¢om€ to ¢h€¢k in on m€?

LA: Or do ¥ou n€€d m€ ƒor $om€thing?

AM: wEll I wAs wOndErIng If yOU gOt Any nEw shIpmEnts'

AM: Ez hAs bEEn bOthErIng mE tO plAy sOmE gAmE

LA: I'm pr€$uming thi$ gam€ ha$ a nam€?

AM: fInAl trOllAcy 52 Or sOmEthIng

AM: I lOst cOUnt AftEr 35

LA: 24 wa$ th€ £a$t goo$ on€ in th€ $€ri€$, in m¥ opinion.

LA: But I'm not about to turn down a ¢u$tom€r.

AM: wEll Its nOt rEAlly fOr mE

LA: I$ that $o?

AM: lIkE I sAId, Ez wAnts mE tO plAy It

LA: Ahh, ¥ou on£¥ want it to app€a$€ him.

LA: I $€€.

AM: hOw mUch dId hE pAy yOU fOr thE sAlts AnywAy?

AM: hE nEvEr gIvEs mE A strAIght AnswEr

LA: Doub£€, but don't t€££ him.

AM: hAh wOUld I EvEr?

LA: Iƒ h€ didn't tou¢h th€ jar £ik€ I to£d him to, h€'d hav€ gott€n oƒƒ with th€ r€gu£ar pri¢€ and I wou£dn't hav€ €v€r $€€n him again.

AM: wEll, At lEAst thIs pErsOnAlIty wOUldn't

AM: thAt's Ez fOr yOU.

LA: Ind€€d.

LA: An¥how, ba¢k to th€ gam€. What numb€r wa$ it again?

AM: dId hE ExcUsE hImslEf by sAyIng sOmEthIng lIkE "ThE PROTAGANIST mUst tOUch thIs jAr Or thE UnIvErsE wIll ExplOdE?"

AM: Oh yEAh thE gAmE

AM: 52

LA: A£right, £€mm€ ju$t ¢h€¢k th€ £€dg€r h€r€...

LA: 52, 52 ,52...

LA: Ah! H€r€ it i$.

AM: And whIlE yOUr At It, cAn yOU chEck tO sEE If trOllcrAft II Is thErE?

LA: Tro££¢raƒt 2, right on it.

LA: Hmm, on£¥ th€ €xt€nd€d €dition im aƒraid. It'££ ¢o$t ¥ou mor€ iƒ ¥ou want it.

AM: thAnks. I gOttA hAvE sOmEthIng tO dIstrAct my lUsUs

AM: wEll hOw mUch?

LA: 54 ¢a€gar$ in$t€ad oƒ 41.

AM: hmm

AM: Is thErE AnythIng I cAn trAdE?

AM: AnythIng yOU pArtIcUAlArly ArE lOOkIng fOr?

LA: £€t m€ think...

LA: Do ¥ou hav€ an¥ antiqu€ book$ down th€r€ in tho$€ ruin$?

AM: yEAh A cOUplE. OnE Of thEm hAs sOmE ...qUEstIOnAblE mAtErIAl thOUgh...

AM: tO bE hOnEst Im nOt sUrE It wA A bOOk

AM: *wAs

AM: I dId sAlvAgE sOmE Old mAnUscrIpts, thOUgh

AM: sOmEthIng cAllEd "ThE VOyAgE" by TrOllmEr

LA: Hmm, that$ quit€ an¢i€nt ind€€d. £a$t I h€ard a££ tho$€ w€r€ burn€d up in a ƒir€ in $om€ £ibrar¥.

AM: And AnOthEr cAllEd "THE lOrd Of thE LUsUs"

LA: N€v€r h€ard oƒ it.

AM: mE nEIthEr

LA: Do€$n't matt€r though, an¥thing that ¢om€$ out oƒ tho$€ ruin$ i$ pur€ go£d.

LA: What im oƒƒ€ring i$ thi$:

LA: ¥ou giv€ m€ a££ tho$€ manu$¢ript$ and book$ ¥ou ju$t nam€d, and I'££ giv€ ¥ou ƒT52 ƒor ƒr€€.

LA: Ha£ƒ pri¢€ ƒor th€ oth€r on€.

AM: dEAl.

AM: sO ArE wE mEEtIng At thE nOrmAl plAcE?

LA: Ind€€d, u$ua£ tim€?

AM: sOUnds gOOd

LA: €x¢€££€nt.

AM: sO...

AM: whAt wAs thE OrIgInAl prIcE Of thE sAlt?

LA: I'd $a¥ about 70 ¢a€gar$.

LA: it wa$ mo$t£¥ th€ jar, though.

AM: wOw Ez yOU fAIl

AM: Oh wEll

AM: hUh. thAts IntErEstIng

AM: I hAvEnt swItchEd mOOds In OvEr A wEkk

AM: *wEEk

AM: I thInk thAts A pErsOnAl rEcOrd

LA: I$ that $o?

AM: yEs. It sEEms "Mr. DOtsy" hAsnt shOwEd hIs fAcE In A whIlE

LA: I r€¢¢omm€nd $ta¥ing £ik€ thi$ iƒ ¥ou ¢ou£d. ¥ou'r€ $o mu¢h mor€ agr€€ab£€.

AM: lAst tImE hE dId hE drAnk All my sOdA And InsUltEd Ez.

AM: lIttlE dOUchEbAg.

LA: Iƒ I ma¥ a$k, how did thi$ who£€ mu£tip£€ p€r$ona£it¥ bui$n€$$ ¢om€ about?

AM: wEll whEn I wAs A cOUplE Of swEEps Old I hAd lOst my OrIgInAl lUsUs

AM: thEn my cUrrEnt lUsUs hAd fOUnd mE In thE rUIns And hAd mIrrOrEd my ImAgE

AM: whEn I lOOkEd IntO hIs EyEs I sAw A lOt Of ImAgEs flAsh bEfOrE my EyEs.

AM: It wAsnt bEfOrE...

AM: thE IncEdEnt thAt I knEw thAt I hAd thE mUltIplE pErsOnAlItys

AM: thE fIrst tImE It wAs SAdIstIc mE.

AM: HE kIllEd mOst Of thE pEOplE In my lAwnrIng

AM: nOw Only mr. dOtsy shOws Up

LA: Intruiging.

LA: ¥ou know, I think I hav€ an id€a.

AM: hE InsUlts pEOplE And mAkE dEAth thrEAts. HE AlsO mAnIpUlAtEs pEOplE.

AM: whAts thAt?

LA: W€££, £€mm€ t€££ ¥ou a $€¢r€t.

AM: AlrIghty

LA: On€ night, out oƒ th€ b£u€, $om€ highb£ood inv€ntor oƒ $ort$ bur$t$ into m¥ $hop.

AM: hmm

AM: Ez wAs tAlkIng AbOUt sOmE scIEntIst EArlIEr. Any rElAtIOn?

LA: Not $ur€, but an¥wa¥$. $h€ $a¥$ $h€'$ attra¢t€d th€ ir€ oƒ th€ £€gi$£a¢€rator$ and $h€ want$ to g€t rid oƒ €vid€n¢€ oƒ $om€ ¢raz¥ €xp€r€m€nt$ or what€v€r.

AM: yEAh?

LA: I $a¥, $ur€, w€ bart€r ƒor a bit, I tak€ $om€ oƒ h€r $tuƒƒ and $h€ tak€$ m¥ mon€¥ and run$.

AM: hmm.

LA: Now I hav€ no ¢£u€ how mo$t $¢i€n¢¥ $tuƒƒ work$, but I know th€¥ $€££. Good d€a£ on m¥ part, I think.

AM: trUE

LA: Ba¢k to th€ point, though, mo$t oƒ it wa$ ma¢hin€r¥, $trang€ £iquid$, $tuƒƒ £ik€ that. And among a££ thi$ €quipm€nt I noti¢€d a,

LA: how $ou£d I $a¥ thi$,

LA: a brain ¢£amp oƒ $ort$.

AM: thAt sOUnds pAInfUl

LA: And a manua£ on how to u$€ it.

AM: hUh

LA: Now h€r€'$ m¥ oƒƒ€r.

LA: I $ti££ hav€ that $¢i€n¢€ gir£$ ¢onta¢t inƒormation, how about I ¢a££ h€r ov€r, €xtort h€r a £itt£€, and g€t h€r to in$ta££ that ¢oo£-£ooking brain ¢£amp on ¥our hand$om€ h€ad, g€tting rid oƒ tho$€ unp£€a$ant a£t€rnat€ p€r$ona£ati€$.

AM: hmmm..mAybE I-

AM: ...

LA: And I'££ do it ƒor on£¥ 80 ¢a€gar$, a pr€tt¥ good d€a£ i mu$t $a¥.

AM: ...ArE yOU sUrE yOU wAnt tO dO thAt, AAscAm?...

AM: ...yOU knOw yOU dOn't wAnt mE tO gO...

AM: ...hOw dO yOU EvEn knOw Itll wOrk?...>:)

AM: ...

AM: blUh

LA: ƒir$t, hav€ ¥ou ¢hang€d p€r$ona£iti€$. $€¢ond, manua£.

AM: dId I blAck OUt AgAIn?

LA: $¢ro££ up and $€€ ƒor ¥our$€£ƒ.

AM: I cAnt Its gOnE

AM: thIs Is ExActly hOmw my cOnvErsAtIOn wIth Ez wEnt

AM: whAt dId I sAy?

AM: Or, whAt dId mr. dOtsy sAy?

LA: It do€$n't matt€r. $€€ how mu¢h oƒ a both€r it i$ ¢hanging p€r$ona£iti€$ a££ th€ tim€? ¥ou want thi$ pro¢€dur€.

AM: mAybE I dO.

LA: Oƒ ¢our$€ ¥ou do.

LA: Who wou£dn't?

AM: I AlwAys fIgUrEd As lOng As Mr. SAdIstIc dIdnt cOmE OUt AgAIn I wOUld bE fInE, bUt nOw...

AM: All rIght, Ill dO It, bUt I wAnt A lIttlE mOrE InfOrmAtIOn AbOUt thIs scIEntIst.

LA: ¢£€v€r gir£, d€ƒinat€£¥ know$ h€r wa¥ around ma¢hin€r¥.

LA: A£$o, $h€'$ around t€n $w€€p$ I'd $a¥, about to b€ ¢on$¢ript€d.

LA: ¥ou want thi$ pro¢€dur€ don€ a$ $oon a$ ¥ou ¢an.

LA: ¥ou ma¥ not hav€ anoth€r ¢han¢€.

AM: hmm. OkAy. I trUst yOU I gUEss.

LA: Oƒ ¢our$€, wh€n hav€ I €v€r tri€d to tri¢k ¥ou?

LA: N€v€r, that'$ wh€n.

AM: yEAh.

LA: $o, it'$ a d€a£?

AM: yEAh, Its A dEAl.

LA: €x¢€££€nt, I'££ ta£k to th€ $¢i€nti$t right awa¥.

AM: sOUnds gOOd.

LA: And th€ n€xt tim€ w€ m€€t, ¥ou'££ b€ ƒr€€d oƒ tho$€ p€$k¥ a£t€rnat€ p€r$ona£iti€$ ƒor€v€r.

AM: lEts hOpE sO.

LA: £€t'$ KNOW $o.

AM: hEh.

LA: An¥how, I'm going to $tart th€ pr€p€ration$, ju$t b€ $ur€ to arriv€ in thi$ p€r$ona£it¥.

AM: AlrIght Ill mAkE sUrE tO rEmEmbEr thAt.

LA: $€€¥a, m¥ $oon-to-b€-$an€ aquantan¢€.

AM: sEEyA

-- loanedAllegiance [LA] ceased pestering adaptionMaster [AM] at 21:11 --

No comments:

Post a Comment